Friday, May 4, 2012

A photo-less entry

So, true to my word, I did make the homemade soap over the weekend. I am completely hung up on posting on the blog without pictures. And then, I follow so many wonderful blogs (see here -->) that when I do take pictures, I think, "How come mine look so bad and theirs look so ethereal?" Well, cause they are using much nicer cameras than I... and Photoshop. And some of these people call themselves "stylists" - talk about a job that didn't exist 20 years ago.

Any how. I made the soap and it is UGLY as homemade soap. I'm not sure about it and I need to do some Googling to see if it was a success that looks funny or a failure. Will post that soon.

I have a few works in progress which I will also post. A quilt block swap, an applique project, pants to be hemmed, a band saw box for the oldest nephew, the list goes on.

The yard has burst into spring color which means all the nasty plastic cover ups were worth it when frost threatened these past weeks. Last but not least, I hope to get the plants into the garden bed out back this weekend... maybe even tonight if there is no thunderstorm. Last-er than that, the farmer's market starts tomorrow and we're pretty stoked. With our current habit of restless nights, being awake at 7am won't be that painful after all.

So, I've made out quite the bloggy list there, haven't I? What do you have to do this weekend?




3 comments:

  1. So the soap was ugly...but does it smell good??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blogging again!!!! And your front flowers at your house are beautiful. I wish you could come landscape out backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words! There's more where this came from.

    ReplyDelete