Saturday, June 8, 2013

Quilt Quest 2013








Today was a great day. I had to work for about two hours this morning and I planned to leave the office, drive to Clarksburg and meet my Grandmother and two aunts to visit one of the shops on the Mountain State Quilt Quest Shop Hop. When I stopped by the house before hitting the road, Julian suggested he go too and we'd make a day of it.

We met my family about 35 minutes south of here and had lunch at the Bob Evans. They had been shop hopping two days prior and had been to all but three of the 11 shops leaving my hometown shop, the one we planned to visit, and the one in Elkins which was too far out of the way to make it to. Each shop had its own version of a quilt made with 24 blocks and had two block patterns for sale. With each pattern, you got two fat quarters. Each block showcased a part of West Virginia Heritage.

Julian loves covered bridges and I love honeybees. Our state has many covered bridges and the state insect is the honey bee, and both were included in the quilt. BUT - the covered bridge and honeybee blocks we bonus blocks available to those who visited all the shops. I had stopped by my local shop to grab the patterns for the two blocks there, and the Aunts and Grandma had been to every other shop. Just the Elkins shop remained and the bonus blocks - an hour farther away from home.

But, because Julian had come along for the ride, he agreed that the two of us should go ahead and go. We had nothing else to do and we were together, so why not! And we did. I'm happy to report that we had a lovely time AND snagged the much coveted blocks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a quilter, but the stitching, the history, the time together with loved ones...perfection!

    ReplyDelete