Thursday, February 6, 2014

The game is on!


Well, the swap is on. Hmm... I'm going through Sherlock withdrawal and even after we thoughtfully considered whether we should watch to the very end of the season and wait a whole year in turmoil or spread the episodes out bit by bit. Two things: I can't even believe I'm talking about this because on-demand TV watching still blows my mind because we can actually decide when to watch or not (and we don't even watch it on a TV anyway) and we have absolutely NO self control so of course there was no real question about waiting. The only possible answer was to binge. And of course, none of this makes sense to people who don't watch the show... so...

Can you tell I'm a bit distracted? Anyhow... back to the issue at hand - the swap. I'm pretty excited. For starters, I LOVE giving gifts and I love sending mail so gifts that I get to send in the mail are the best. Secondly, its all homemade or edible so that's super fun too.

At first I really struggled with whether the package should be a reflection of me or specifically tailored to the person to whom it was given. After being assigned a swappee {?} and doing a little sleuthing of my own (you see, he's always there... in my mind) I realized there are many things I have in common with said secret swapee {SS} and that the package will be a lovely reflection of us both. Here are some commonalities that popped out from her blog :: birdsong :: honeybees :: garden :: fire pit :: jam :: coffee and tea.

What is quite the mystery (gah!) is that I don't know the blogger who's looking at me right now and wondering the same thing. Oh, I love gifts and surprises. I love them, love them, love them.

3 comments:

  1. hmmmmmmm... all of those commonalities sure do sound nice! ;) wonder who the lucky recipient will be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Sherlock. And I think it would be most fun to be on the receiving end of this swap! You'll have to let us know all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love sherlock very much and this sleuthing business is demanding, isn't it??? Love the photo!!

    ReplyDelete