Wednesday, February 26, 2014

{Yarn Along} Bunny Knits




A dear friend from college is having a baby girl in April. Then, they are accepting (Lord willing) a missionary position to Sweden. She's been living in Texas for the past several years, which might as well be Sweden for all the time we get to visit. I am making a Maggie Rabbit for her little one - though I've chosen to name her Polly - so the caplet has been on my needles. It doesn't take long at all to work up and in one sitting I could have it finished but I have to be in the mood for the rhythm of knitting, since its something I don't do very often. To be quite honest, I like the look of having yarn on the needles, so I've stopped myself from finishing it up a time or two.  Can you tell the colors I fancy most these days?

[Ugh - I am so tired of my photos coming out with that wintry, ain't-no-sunshine-in-February-in-Morgantown hue.] As far as reading goes, I've been spending a lot of time reading through my newest favorite cookbook and this topiary book we picked up from our local used bookstore sale. On my Kindle, I'm reading The Lamplighter, by Maria Susanna Cummins.

Linking up with Ginny.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting for your friend. I hope they get the position. My youngest son would like to be a missionary one day.
    I have to tell you I love the colors you fancy these days, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knitting baby items. I love the colors you picked out. I think all our pictures are having the same winter hue lately. Ah - spring shall be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dreary photo, the sunshine is coming don't you worry. You are so nice to be knitting for the baby to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing lots of baby knitting these days (for the granddaughter!) and loving it! :) Love your color choices and will have to make a Maggie Rabbit myself one of these days...

    Spring is right around the corner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunny yarn. Enjoy your knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a cute toy pattern.

    ReplyDelete