Thursday, November 20, 2014

Kitchen Notes




Basically, the kitchen has been used as an alternative heat source this week. I had some left over roasted potatoes that I tossed in the deep fryer and served up as breakfast with sage sausage. We shared a bottle of wine in celebration of passing a major milestone for Julian's PhD. I made four pints of mincemeat, set back to use in Christmas baking - just 34 days away. My aunt sent me my Grandfather's Mother's mincemeat cookie recipe from her church cookbook. Special.

Maybe I will have more to report from the kitchen when the temperature warms up... or after we move the stove to the bedroom. What's going on in your kitchen? What are you doing to keep warm?



1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see that you are continuing the kitchen posts! I do enjoy seeing what you are up to in the cooking area.

    ReplyDelete