Sunday, November 10, 2013

A bit chilly now.





It has gotten cold. This was the second real cold front that has blown in this fall that has made it feel like winter is just around the corner. We are expecting lows in the 20s, highs in the 30s this week. We've gone out twice to the lake to see if we could spot the tundra swans mid-migration. Twice, we've been rewarded with little-to-nothing. I'm so tired of seeing pied billed grebes, but I ought not be ungrateful, I suppose. We rushed out to the lake on Thursday to see the 500+ reported swans that were there at 1pm. By 5pm, when we arrived, there was not so much as an ugly ducking left on the water.

Anyhow, the chickadees have been our consolation this weekend. Our Kmart is going out of business so we bought an el cheapo feeder to take the place of our hummingbird feeder throughout the winter. It is nice because, so far, the chickadees are the only ones that can get to it because it is so close to the window that the other birds cannot fit. They are so gregarious, too, that they don't mind our company at all.

We attended our last WVU game of the season. It was a bit chilly to say the least and OH so long. We made the best of it though, can you tell? (WVU vs. Texas, and we lost in overtime)

I've tried so far not to get ahead of myself and start pinning winter themed things yet on Pinterest, but this past week, I just couldn't help myself. I started the third seasonal board, Winter Wonder, and it makes me oh so happy. It (wait for it!) melts away all the dread of the "grayness" that permeates this town from October to May each year. It sounds really cheesy but the seasonal board really help me focus on the present and not fret so much about what lies ahead. Its nice to be able to think about the hear and now (and maybe next week and next month) without getting carried away.




No comments:

Post a Comment