Sunday, June 8, 2014

Yarn Along - a big adventure









My new kitting project hit the road with us this week as we headed camping to Holly River State Park. I only had a little bit of time to work on it in the truck before the roads became too swirly for me to be able to keep it together.

We planned to tent camp but hunkered down in a cabin for the first night as the rain poured all through the evening and into the night. The cabin boasted a bent twig rocker that I swear was made to fit my aching back. Julian read and I knitted by the light of our fire. It was a lovely getaway.

I have decided that, for my next project, I'm going to do the Light and Up pattern but finish it with a picot edging like the Eiku (both found on Ravelry). I wasn't really sold on this yarn, but I added it to my stash when it was on clearance about a year ago. I must say that the longer I look at it and the more sunshine it gets, the more I fall in love with it.

The pattern uses sock weight yarn on a #8 needle, so I am struggling a bit with feeling like it is coming apart in my hands, since I am usually a tight knitter. It is so soft and smooth in my hand though, even just the little bit I've got going, and it is working up very quickly.

This week's outing has inspired me to check out A Walk in the Woods. We are in need of a new bedtime reading book and we've gotten into quite the habit of reading about food and thinking of how woefully hungry we are! So, perhaps we can change that this week.

Linking up with Ginny.

1 comment:

  1. I loved knitting that shawl pattern, it was easy but fun and beautiful! Great yarn color :) I love staying in a cabin in the woods :)

    ReplyDelete