Friday, September 11, 2015

humdrum kitchen

 






hawaiian beef teriyaki :: tomato sauce in the making :: {almost} full english breakfast 
fried apples :: cider muffins :: fried okra from the garden

I've been struggling lately in the kitchen. I don't really want to cook much, there are so many other, more gratifying chores to do. We've been eating breakfast for dinner more than I'd like. And rice. Lots of rice.

What have you been eating? What should I be cooking? The only thing I DO want to be cooking is stuff that we ought not be eating (see here).

3 comments:

  1. um, I have no advice, I'm struggling to cook for two people. This week we had leftovers almost every single day....Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! it all looks good and the photos are so lovely. I really like the one with the apples and the wooden spoon, and the one of the muffins. cider muffins sound fantastic!

    I feel like I'm always trying to come up with a game plan for meals but fall short and come dinner time it's a scramble to get something tasty and nutritious on the table before it gets super late. some of the things I tend to fall back on are: sautéed greens and veggies topped with a fried egg and beans and hot sauce; greens sautéed with peppers, onions and sausage; salad bowls with greens topped with beans and whatever veggies we have around (avocado and sautéed sweet potatoes are super yummy here); rice topped with something tasty (eggs and veggies, bhindi masala if you've got more okra-yum!, a simple saute of tomatoes and green veggies...). we're big fans of a baked chicken with loads of veggies in the pan with it, and of course there's always just doctoring up a box of noodles with loads of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you! It all sounds delicious! My swiss chard has just come into it's own so I think that will be in the plan tonight!

      Delete