Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring Break: Survived.















front door remodel :: picnic for our playday :: williamsburg woodwork : beekeeping woodenware 
assembled and ready :: scones on the porch steps :: intoxicating perfume :: bee boxes complete 
cabbage pasties :: herring gull :: nesting osprey pair

We have both just survived the most productive spring break had by anyone, anywhere. Ever. Now that I am looking at these photos, it occurs to me that I didn't even document helf of what we got done (tore a fence out, refinished bathroom cabinets, built a bluebird box, etc.)

Whew. We worked from sun up til midnight each night except for our play day to Williamsburg with our nephews on Wednesday and a birding trip on Saturday. Saturday afternoon, I spent having fun with a knitty friend, Nailya. Besides that, we were busy busy busy.

We both feel better for it despite the fact that we are now enduring Monday morning after a time change even more exhausted and usual. It is amazing how an insane flurry of productivity lifts the spirit and calms the nerves. I am reminded of this fact by this wonderful quote by Michael Bridge:

"When our eyes see our hands doing the work of our hearts, the circle of Creation is completed inside us, the doors of our souls fly open and love steps forth to heal everything in sight."

Pretty deep, huh? Who knew you could say such a thing about hammers and nails, paint brushes and doorbells. But it's true. Good work begets good feelings and tired or no, we are both so much the better for it. 

6 comments:

  1. A very productive Spring Break indeed. I hope hubby and I are just as productive as you guys have been on our Spring Break next week! Love the door remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you guys had such a productive spring break.
    I am excited to watch as you become bee keepers, something I have always wanted to do, but I am highly allergic.
    We begin spring break on Good Friday, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. Sorry to hear of your allergy. I assume you're not allergic to HONEY! We know a guy who loves beekeeping and is also highly allergic and he just goes and gets a shot once a year. Wonder if that would be an option for you...?

      Delete
  3. I don't know, but will be looking into it.
    No, I have have honey, but can't tolerate bee pollen, weird I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are awesome and I bet your to do list is looking mighty productive! I loved seeing your photos and what you did during spring break. We managed to go to nyc for two days during his spring break (mr.) I loved every single moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing list!! Wish I could be even half that productive in a day or week!!

    ReplyDelete