Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Yarn Along


The sweet friend for whom I am knitting the purple Elder Tree prayer shawl is due with her fourth baby on Dec. 2 but will be induced this Friday due to complications from BP/preeclampsia. It is her fourth baby and second round with preeclampsia so it's not a panic but it is a bit disheartening for her. This means I am monogamously knitting to "finish" that piece by Thursday morning and I am hopeful I can send it in her hospital bag come Friday. It is supposed to have about 12-13 leaves down the middle spine and I am currently at 10 1/2. Beth, if you're reading this, save room!!

I'm not reading much at the moment though I have started so many books! I am trying, as I knit, to catch up on lovely podcasts, Handmade and Woolen and Crafthouse Magic being two of my current favorites. There's also Meanwhile at the Castle still in my queue.




4 comments:

  1. I hope your friend will be okay and a healthy baby is born! My dog groomer lady who had her baby in April had that same problem and it was crazy stressful for 2 days...luckily a doctor gave her the c section she wished for :) Some doctors are by the book (the young ones) and some have been around the block for a few years and know intuitively what to do (those are the doctors I like!).

    lovely knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your friend does okay... but with a 4th, she's probably an old hat at this. I had preeclampsia as well and was in the hospital for 8 days total and my daughter was born almost 2 months early. Good luck getting the shawl finished by TH so she can pack it! What a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your friend and fingers crossed that you get your knitting done! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I just found this. I'm a terrible friend, I'm more than a year behind on reading your blog, Amanda.

    For everyone else - birth went well, little Peter was born healthy and fabulous. He's now walking and climbing and getting into all sorts of mischief. :-)

    ReplyDelete