Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Back to reality

When I get stressed, I dream the wildest dreams. Last week was one of those if-I-can-just-get-through-this-week weeks and I realized yesterday that I had myself fooled and THIS week is another one. Whew.

So I'm dreaming all kinds of weird dreams. Sometimes I am very glad to wake up and other times I am not as glad. My dreams are unbelieveably detailed, with colors I cannot explain and everything seems so tactile and real.

I dreamed that when I went to a donor's house to ask about a gift, his wife harangued me, Lady Catherine de Bourgh style in the garden to tell me the donor would only give if SHE told him to! (So glad to wake up!) I told Julian this morning that my dreaming has been so active that it seems like everything I touch reminds me of a dream I've just had in the past few days.

I was riding to work on the PRT this morning and thinking happy thoughts about making this pincushion I found on pinterest [click it]:

Copyright: Martha stinkin' Stewart


So I'm daydreaming about making this because I have a friend who needs one. In fact, she and I were working on a project last night and we needed some pins. She pulled out her beautiful velvet heirloom pincushion which had been her grandmothers. She loved it. It was green, kinda like that one in the middle. It was sort of falling apart, but we were still sticking pins and pulling pins... until I said to her, "Danielle, how about you stop using this or you will wear it out. Let me make you a new one." So I am all excited about doing just that... but it was just a dream. I did not spend yesterday crafting with Danielle, she (I assume) does not have a pincushion in disrepair. Bummer. THOSE are these stress dreams that really bum me out. In the famous words of Eminem, "Snap - back to reality."

No comments:

Post a Comment