Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yarn Along


Whew. It feels good to be back into the routine of posting on Yarn Along. Its been a few weeks. I've not gotten as far as I had hoped on my little honey hat, mainly because the yarn is small and the needles are small and I forgot how long it takes to get visible progress when things are small. Reading on the other hand... there are so many books.

Between, Georgia was positively delightful. There are so many quirky family dynamics showcased in this book. Sometimes life isn't pretty but the joy is that we get to pick and choose the parts we focus on to make it as pretty as possible. I had no idea how this book would turn out, and there were a few parts that made me blush, but all in all, it is a good story about a young woman coming into her own, the role reversal between mother and daughter as care providers, and it brings some interesting issues to light regarding the treatment of deaf/blind members of our communities. Read it!

The Peach Keeper is new to my list and I hope to get started on it this evening, so no real news on that one yet. Also in the queue are The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton and Someone by Alice McDermott. Have you read either of those?

Join in the show and tell with Ginny

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty yarn - it looks totally delicious!
    Lena x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be sweet when it's finished! Pardon the pun..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that book and enjoyed it. and your knitting matches the book, which I do love the color and the cowlness of the project.

    ReplyDelete