Friday, March 15, 2013

Short Days, Long Days

Knock-Out Rose at sunset

Until yesterday, it literally had been MONTHS since I had even looked at the blog. I found this picture sitting in my draft folder. It was taken back in the fall when the days were short and the shadows were long. Isn't it sweet?

My rose bush looks pretty dead at the moment but I'm happy to report dafffodil buds which will be opening any day now. This past winter was the first time I realized that the longest days and darkest nights really do come and go so quickly, before Christmas. So when we all have the winter humdrums, we really are getting longer days and more sunshine each day despite the fact that it still seems so gray.

Anyhow, here's to a new spring and soon-to-be-green-again rose bush.




No comments:

Post a Comment