Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Keep Calm and Craft On




I made some additional progress on the quilt this week, but not much. Mainly, I drew up a plan for the quilt so I know how many more blocks I need to make and I know how I'll deal with the blocks that came out at 11.5" instead of 12".
Despite that progress, I've sort of hit a wall. It is so frustrating to me how I can be off by just one teensy bit and the whole block is off kilter at the end of it. I don't have very advanced quilting skills to start with, but generally precision comes easier for me when things are done by hand instead of a machine... and still I struggle. I think part of my issue is that I am trying to do the blocks at 12", and the plans and templates were made for 6.5" unfinished blocks. But of course you can't just double everything because then the templates would be using 1/2" seam allowances instead of 1/4"!

Anyhow, I took a two day break from the quilt and got some yarn back on the needles (which I'll post tomorrow) and I made an embroidered heart. The heart will become a lavender sachet for my dear friend's birthday this week. 

Not too bad for keeping some crafting mo going on a holiday weekend.... how about yourself?




Linking up with Frontier Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment