Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Jiggity jig






We are home again, home again. Whew. What a wonderful trip. Everything went wonderfully... oh, everything except the fact that the airport gave me grief over my thread snips. TSA regulations say that scissors with a short blade are fine. The people in Pittsburgh did a double-check on them and just documented that they were my crafting scissors. The folks in LA made me throw them away! My mom gave me those when I moved out of the house and realized I didn't even have the basics for mending! Apparently, I was in such a state over it (though I was remarkably silent) that the TSA woman who made me throw them away ran over to the other side of the security line to warn Julian. I get that they are just a little pair of scissors, but what bothered me was that it was a total judgment call. It wasn't a hard and fast rule that I was breaking. Talk about having to keep calm and craft on!


Anyhow, here is a photo of my progress. I'm really enjoying this project. I started with the letters and made myself do one floss of letters each time I wanted to do a colored theme. Because I was working without scissors part of the time, I improvised with some of the colors based on pieces I already had cut in my stash. I think it is coming along nicely.

Also, check out my update on my little scrappy houses.

Keeping calm and crafting on with Frontier Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your scissors, very sad, but hopefully your mom will give you another sweet present!! Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your scissors. We live in such a crazy world...Can fingernail clippers be used as snips when you are traveling?

    ReplyDelete