Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Birthdays



April 18 is a special day in our family. Julian and I both have a grandmother who was born ont hat day. In addition, my cousin Natalie shares Grandma's birthday and our nephew George shares his Great Granny's birthday. What fun! This is always special to send out four cards at the same time (though I generally send out two more to include my parents' anniversary and my other Grandmother's birthday which were shared last Saturday).

I have a love-hate relationship with card companies. I love love love the cards, and I hate that its just a printed piece of paper made by a machine that costs me $5. Have you been to Walmart lately? I could get a set of 6 tea glasses for $5! I know, I know, just make your own, you say. I'm not really that kind of person - a paper crafts person, I mean. Maybe some day I will be. In the meantime, I suppose I'll stop whining and really enjoy sending pretty cards.


1 comment:

  1. I just love that you send cards. How fun is it to see a non-bill, non-junky piece of mail!

    ReplyDelete