Thursday, December 31, 2015

A finished shawlette.




Knock, knock - anyone there? Whew.

What happened to Christmas. It was coming hard and fast and now it's been gone and done for DAYS. Well, almost done. We'll head over the mountains and spend New Year's Day with my side of the family. I'm still feverishly working on my sister's embroidered pockets apron and my brother-in-law's Jayne Hat. Just the earflaps and pompom are left on the Jayne Hat and it's looking good. I'm mostly finished with the embroidery on the apron and I am hoping the already-cut pieces will come together quickly tomorrow morning. It's Christmas break and I'm going to set an alarm for tomorrow. An alarm! For shame.

I do have a finish to show - a little shawlette for my mother-in-law for Christmas. I was thrilled with the shawl pin I found to go along with it and I just love the colors of the yarn. The pictures are dark and don't do the piece justice but it was drizzly out (when is it not?) and I just couldn't get the light to work for me. Don't you think it's pretty on my hall tree? I could have just kept it as a furniture ornament!

Little Women is on Amazon Prime Video. Watch it already. I started a new book by Sara Gruen. If you don't know the author's name, you may know Water For Elephants, her first novel, which sits neglected at the moment on my bookshelf. Her second book, At the Water's Edge, is good so far. It is set in 1942/5 and is about three twenty-something American friends (two are married) looking for the Loch Ness Monster and searching the deeps of themselves and their pasts.

What are you knitting and reading? Show and tell with Ginny. Like my projects? Follow along on my Instagram!




10 comments:

  1. Amanda! It turned out beautifully! Love your shawl pin and am adding At the Water's Edge to my book list. Happy new year to you!
    xo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your projects! I do hope you take a few photos of the finished apron, ever since you mentioned it I have been wanting to make one.
    I like the sound of your book. I am still reading Station Eleven and while it's not my usual genre I now want to see how it ends.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took some, though not as many as I should have. The whole process (because it was last minute!) was exhausting but I couldn't have been happier with the results. Will post soon.

      Delete
  3. That's so pretty, I love the deep autumnal colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely shawlette for your mil!! so generous! Safe travels to you and your husband as you continue the celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely shawlette .. is the pattern available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Helen, it is called the Emerald City Shawlette and is available for free from Jimmy Beans Wool.

      Delete